Thursday, June 2, 2016

God is not impatient with us and our progress. Then why are we?

"
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."(Galatians 5:22-23 ESV emphasis added)

Exasperated with my lack of progress on publishing my first book, Deep Waters: Lift Your Gaze, I was praying to God on Sunday for help, wisdom and direction.  I was also feeling frustrated with the process. 

In prayer, I cried out to the Lord with a heavy heart:

“Why is this taking so long?” 

“Why does the process seem so arduous?” 

“Do all pre-published book authors go through these periods of difficulty?”

The Lord then spoke to my heart, “I’m not impatient with the process.” I sighed. 

No, he wasn’t. I was.

He continued, “Everything is happening in my perfect timing. I am sovereign over this, too.”

I smiled.  My heart was lighter.

No matter what or how I try, I can’t truncate the process.  I have to go through the hard times to get to the good fruit of what God is creating in me, a closer depiction of his Son Jesus in me.  He’s looking for my heart to be subtle, to trust Him and to keep my focus on Him.

Lift Your Gaze, my friends.  God’s got this.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."(Galatians 5:22-23 ESV emphasis added)




No comments:

Post a Comment